Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Diary of Caleb Ryan Shaw- Monday, December 10, 2012, 11:02 PM

I think everyone is asleep. I’ve just been too stir crazy to go to bed. Caesar and I went exploring again. I’ve still been trying to get a glimpse through the periscopes, and it looks pretty bleak out there. The house, trees, horses, everything… gone. It’s all burning to ash. I hear a rumble every now and then, but I can’t make it out. I have seen sparse military action, and I’ve heard them fighting something. I couldn’t see clearly what it was they were shooting. A few minutes ago I did see something peculiar, but it was dark and I could barely make out any details. The dancing light of the fire didn’t help, and for all I know it could’ve been a soldier in a weird shadow.

I saw two feet in front of the periscope, but they didn’t look human… I don’t know, it was weird. And, the boots were metallic. I know that’s not uncanny, but it just seemed odd to me. Even stranger, it was only standing there a few seconds and then walked to the right. When I turned the periscope it was gone. Maybe being down here is making me see things… but I can’t help but to think about what Captain Haas told me. I wonder…

No comments:

Post a Comment