Thursday, October 22, 2009

Diary of Caleb Ryan Shaw- Friday, December 7, 2012, 12:12 PM

Sorry. I heard gunfire and ran to see what was going on. Uncle Roo was firing at some guy… I think just to frighten him off. But I don’t know, Uncle Roo seems awful edgy. He scared this guy bad, though.

The man threw his hands in the air and fell to the ground. Uncle Roo and I ran over to him and asked him what he was doing. He said he was a refugee from Austin and he ran out of gas. He said he’s been walking for a few days now… obviously dehydrated and frightened… Uncle Roo didn’t help him much by shooting at him. We helped the poor guy to his feet and brought him to the house. We gave him some food and water and let him take a bath. He’s taking a nap right now, and I think I’m going to check with Uncle Roo to see if there is anything that needs to be done. I wonder what it’s going to be like tonight… the first night without electricity.

No comments:

Post a Comment