Friday, October 23, 2009

Diary of Caleb Ryan Shaw- Saturday, December 8, 2012, 11:53 AM

I’m a little groggy from that medicine, and my back is killing me. Uncle Roo just gave me some more Vicodin for the pain. He wants me to get some more rest, but I can’t.

Last night… ok, last night… first, the man that we helped. His name is Priest, well, that’s not his real name. His real name is Ezekiel Kincaid, but he told us to call him Priest because that’s what everyone else calls him. Priest worked as a minister in Austin before the attack… before he fled.

I used to not believe in God… but Priest told me he sent him to us. It’s a little out there, I know, but believing in a God I’ve never seen is infinitely easier now that I’ve seen this hell.

I believe Priest’s God sent him, and without Priest, I wouldn’t be writing right now.

We decided to sleep in the house because it was cool and clear last night, and we didn’t want to fort ourselves unless it was absolutely necessary. I went to bed early in the back bedroom while Priest and Uncle Roo were talking.

I woke up to a gunshot. I couldn’t see in the dark and my eyes were still adjusting. There was another flash of light and another deafening “bang”. I heard the creature scream and hiss… it was the same sounds I heard in the woods.

I looked to my left and I could make out the creature in the night. It was staring at me with its mouth open. I could see its shape because it was blacker than the dark. It was huge; walked on all fours and it was taller than a lion at the shoulders. Actually, its size reminded me more of a grizzly, but its shape was like a cat. Its head was slightly flat and rounded with its eyes sitting on top. The mouth could open wide and it had rows and rows of razor teeth.

Behind the creature was Priest with his .50 magnum. Six or seven more shots lit up the dark. The creature yelled again and fell to the floor dead. I noticed it was freezing in my room when I sat up in bed. Uncle Roo came upstairs with a shotgun and flashlight. He and Priest were looking at it while I opened my computer to type; however, I was so shaken up that I could barely hit the keys.

I took a few moments and then tried to type again. That’s when it happened. As I was typing another one of those things came through the window and grabbed my back, slicing it. Uncle Roo and Priest lit it up like the 4th of July and splattered it all over the room. I’m not really sure what happened after that because I passed out. I remember waking up again while Uncle Roo was sewing me up.

We’re going to take a look at the creature. Uncle Roo is dissecting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment