Sunday, October 25, 2009

Diary of Caleb Ryan Shaw- Sunday, December 9, 2012, 9:19 AM

My back bled and bled, and we finally got it to stop thanks to Priest. He sewed the lacerations this. Uncle Roo gave me several more pain pills which help.

Over breakfast Uncle Roo told me that he had only showed me a small portion of the bunker and that it spans over ten acres. I was worried about what the addition of Priest and the pilot would do to our resources. Uncle Roo told me that he had prepared for this and stockpiled enough goods for 4 people. He thought that if calamity did happen then this would be a place for my parents, him, and me. I hope they’re all right.

I just learned Priest used to be a doctor, and, in fact, he was a medical missionary to Morocco for 15 years before he moved back home to Austin. That’s fortunate for us and for this pilot. The man is still unconscious, but Priest has taken good care of him. I took a look at his jacket, and his name is “Haas” and judging from his insignia he is a captain. Uncle Roo, of course, has an enormous stash of medical supplies for Priest to use… I’m not asking how he acquired all of these drugs and medical equipment. Speaking of that, I’m not asking how in the world all of this is funded and why he is so well prepared. Some things are best left unsaid.

Things are pretty quiet right now. I haven’t heard any more explosions or gunfire, yet Uncle Roo won’t let us return to the surface. He wants me to come with him to the “range” that is on the other side of the bunker. He says it’s time to begin my firearm lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment