Saturday, October 24, 2009

Diary of Caleb Ryan Shaw- Saturday, December 8, 2012, 10:08 PM

It’s here. I don’t even know where to begin to tell you about what has happened in the past 5 hours. I can’t take much more of this. The ground is still rumbling… we can still hear it in the distance.

Around 5:15 we heard commotion coming from the south, and we saw the continued over passing of F-22s and even Stealths. Explosions and gunfire sounded as if it was coming closer and closer. Priest pointed out black smoke in the air, and to our horror, there was an Apache writhing out of control. The helicopter crashed directly behind the house and to the west of the corral.

All three of us rushed to see if anyone was alive. The rotors were still churning, but the large one had broken off in pieces when it hit the ground. To our surprise, the cockpit door opened, and a severely injured man fell out. We were all a little apprehensive because the Apache was precarious; however, we ran to the pilot and pull him away from the wreckage and into the house.

The Apache exploded and sent shrapnel and debris across the house, destroying most of the second floor and nearly leveling the north side of the house. Fortunately, none of us were injured. Priest and Uncle Roo grabbed the pilot and I grabbed the computer, and we, along with Caesar the boxer, ran outside toward the corral.

An F-22 plummeted down and exploded not that far from where we were. We saw several explosions from the south and heard the creature growl. Over the tree line we saw the monster as well as what we thought looked like the whole of the US armed forces. They were trying their best to reroute the monster, but it was futile. Cthulhu was vigilant and crushed everything in his path.

I’ve never seen anything so massive before. I heard Uncle Roo yelling, and we all ran to the corral. Priest carried the pilot, Caesar and I followed, and Uncle Roo closed the hatch and locked it. It was hard walking down the stairs because the ground was literally shaking. I was afraid that the weight of the monster could cause the bunker to cave in, but Uncle Roo reassured me that it wouldn’t.

In the bunker, we were, of course, afraid. We would all jump every time we would hear a muffled explosion or growl. We would probably be staying down here for awhile until events settled on the surface.

Uncle Roo and Priest started to attend to the injured pilot, and apparently, he’s hurt pretty bad. Uncle Roo said he would live, but they had to clean him up and set his arm and leg. I walked around and explored more of the bunker, and I tried to get a view of what was going on through the periscopes. I couldn’t see much, though. I just sat and waited… trying to catch a glimpse.

I finally gave up, and it’s getting fairly late… it’s been a trying day, so I’m going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment