Friday, November 6, 2009

Diary of Caleb Ryan Shaw- Wednesday, December 12, 2012, 6:24 PM

In no time at all I’ve become awesome with any and all rifles Uncle Roo let me try. We even moved on to moving targets and I got the hang of that pretty quick too. Shotguns take little skill. Point and blow a hole in your target. Uncle Roo seems very apprehensive about my proficiency with firearms, and honestly, I don’t know what it is. I just get it.

When I got back from the range Uncle Roo was bragging to Captain Haas about my ability. Captain Haas smiled and said when he got better he would teach me hand-to-hand styles along with explosives. Uncle Roo was, to my surprise, all for it. He said he wanted me to learn anything and everything I could. I sat down with Captain Haas, and he showed me the basics of radio communications. That was pretty easy to understand. Within the hour we were able to effectively boost the signal enough to get something besides static. We heard faint voices, but we were too barricaded in the bunker to hear any distinguishable words. I’m hoping we can return to the surface soon. I need to know what’s going on out there.

On a side note we just found out Captain Haas plays Halo 4. He and I are about to LAN and play Priest and Uncle Roo. I hope he’s as good as Uncle Roo because I really don’t like losing to him.

Honestly, this isn’t how I pictured the “End of the World”. Maybe it’s not over. Maybe there’s still some hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment